No Christmas gift guide in this day and age would be complete without an entire post being dedicated to just beauty.
Maybe you’re a husband or boyfriend completely clueless about what to get *cough* (insert husband here) or maybe you’re tired of seeing the same beauty products talked about time and time again.
Either way you’re here and reading so I hope this points you in the direction you were trying to head!
I’m N O T a know-it-all when it comes to the latest and greatest trends. Semi in the know and semi I just know what I love.
I also don’t have $600 to splurge on any form of skin care or make-up product so I guess you could say this will be a really simple version of beauty.
Beauty to me extends beyond just superficial means. As cheesy as it sounds, beauty extends from the inside out. Trust me, I know because I was once an incredibly angry, lost soul dressing up my miserable self with tons of make-up and clothes that would never amount to anything. Also, drink more water and take several deep breaths–both a free.
Shout out self-reflection and growth!
Okay, I’ll stop rambling now!
You might find some of these will work better as stocking stuffers or a “beauty box” type of idea because like I said, nothing is just sham-wow knock your socks off extravagant. Check back in 10 years. Hehe.
- Lancome Absolue Powder | My shade is Absolute Peche. Okay, do not be mad at the price of this product. I agree, it’s ridiculously expensive BUT I have not once regretted this purchase. When I bought it, I intended to use it as a holiday all over setting powder–which looked STUNNING. However, I noticed that my skin started to get texture and break out in certain places (I am so sensitive on my face) so I dialed it back and use it as a highlighter every. single. day. I also used this on 2 brides and it photographs so stunning. I cannot deal.
- Sephora Lip Gloss | This is hands down my favorite lip gloss ever. It’s inexpensive, it smells sooo good, and I feel like it looks good on anyone. Right now I wear this whether I’m wearing make-up or not. I have my exact shade linked.
- Kenra Hot Spray | I talked about this on my instagram stories a few days ago and I have fallen head over heels with this product. My mom is the hair queen–seriously, she had not gone a day without fixing her hair perfectly in over 20 years. She had just purchased this product and I loved it so much she went ahead and gave it to me. The SMELL is soooo good and clean and my curls hold so much better.
- Aloe Vera Face Toner | This is probably my most repurchased skin care item. It’s gentle and soothing for my often irritated and red skin. I love to give my face a once over before applying my make-up and I notice it wears so much better throughout the day. Matter-of-fact, I need to purchase a new bottle like yesterday!
- Becca Backlight Facial Primer | This is my go-to primer during the winter months. It helps my skin stay hydrated and give such a nice subtle glow!
- Jaclyn Hill Brush Set | This is such a splurge but as someone who does basic make-up–like an occasional smokey eye and super simple contour routine– I never find myself without a brush that I need. I bought this set for my wedding over a year and a half ago and have found that my brushes have excellent durability and my make-up looks exactly how I want it. Unless of course I lack the artistry skills. Oops.
- Hydrafacial | I actually have an entire blog post about my experience comeplete with a youtube video. I’ll link that! If I wanted the ultimate self-care experience as a Christmas gift, this would be it! I hate pain but love feeling pretty so this was definitely the facial for me!
- Elemis Eye Masks | I’m basically pro collagen anything at this point. I personally don’t suffer from puffy eyes or dark circles; I really just enjoy the feeling of pampering myself and these do just that!
- Conair Curling Iron | Now, I get it. Conair isn’t exactly a brand you would have in mind when it comes to adult hair styling tools. However, I get asked literally all of the time how I get my curls. I have for years. And for years I have used the exact Conair curling iron from Wal-mart that I bought in the 7TH GRADE! That was 11 years ago! It has literally been out of the country and back with me and I’ve never had a problem. (Fingers crosses I’m not jinxed myself writing this). I couldn’t find my exact black and silver version because it’s just THAT old but I’m pretty sure this is their new cute version. Plus it’s under $20.