This recipe was passed on to me from a lady who had owned a berry farm for many many years and it literally takes me 20 minutes from start to finish.
I’ve used this recipe with all kinds of fruit including strawberries and blackberries; it’s versatile and can be used with whatever fruit or berry you prefer!
- Sure jell premium fruit pectin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups crushed blackberries (or fruit of choice)
- 1/2 lemons worth of juice (optional/brings out flavor)
- Make sure your jars are cleaned and sanitized before starting
- Mix together crushed fruit and sugar and let sit for 10 mins.
- Bring 1 pkg Sure Jell and 1/2 water to rolling boil and stir continuously for 1 minute (it will thicken slightly)
- Add fruit mixture to boiling sure jell and stir continuously for 3 minutes.
- Turn burner off and immediately ladle into jars and apply the lid.
- As the jam cools, the lids will pop for a airtight seal.
- Keep jars at room temperature for 24 hours before opening or placing in fridge. This allows for the jelly-like texture to form.
- Jam keeps in fridge for up to 3 weeks
And that’s it! I’ve had such great feedback on this jam! My dad and his best friend literally ate 1/2 a jar in one breakfast sitting!
I will say when I am using a fruit with seeds (blackberries), I don’t strain out the seeds. That’s just my personal preference though!